Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blogging from the First World

Hello All,

I just wanted to put a post to introduce the next chapter in this blog - that's right, you don't get to stop reading just because I'm home. However, this next part, I must admit, will be as much for me as for you. Not that that means it'll be boring! In fact, I hope the blog posts will actually stay interesting to read, due to the fact that I have more time and focus to devote to crystallizing my thoughts and notes, and less to the fact that you're living vicariously through me.

Essentially, I'm going to try to write one or two short essays a day on very specific places/contexts/issues. I'll try to give a little background to locate each one, but essentially it'll be away for me to articulate and put thoughts down about each vignette (again, as much for me as for you). To keep the exciting spirit alive, I'm going to try to persuade Christi and Kirsten to do little posts about our travels together which, in addition to their witty commentary, will be a vehicle to show our best pictures to those of you that can't attend the Portland-based India festivities this weekend!

With much love and hope for the continuation of the blog~

Kurt

No comments: